Thursday, April 24, 2014

Testimony Time

Good morning ladies! I shared the following devotion with our "Yes Ladies" the other day because it spoke to me in a lot of ways. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/page/3/ (you may have to copy and paste in browser) I often think twice before forwarding them because I don't want to be a nuisance to anyone... but LOVE when someone responds with how it spoke to them as well. Julie shared via email how the timing of that email was right in line with how God has been speaking to her this past week. An awesome testimony proving that GOD IS ALIVE AND AT WORK so I wanted to post it here as well for our "out of towners" to read and join in on our celebration of God's work. After reading ask yourself these questions: What are your deepest desires for your children? What are GOD's desires for your children? Identify them and use God's word to pray circles around your children.

Julie's Testimony:



You'll never be a perfect parent, but you can be a praying parent.

What an awesome statement! Have you ever thought about this? Really really thought about it? I loved this devotion and the timing...but I can't be surprised because God's timing is always perfect.

Late Sunday afternoon after the busyness of Easter, I was thinking about this week and what we had going on between baseball, baking, school, church etc.and then remembered CRCT was thrown into the mix. As soon as I had the thought, it was like God spoke to me face to face and said "Get up and pray for your kids this week". Now it's a running joke in my family that because I don't work (ahem) I sleep til noon everyday. While I might love this idea some days, I'm up at 6 every morning getting the boys stirring and off to school. I normally (and admitting not everyday) sit at the table and have my quiet time after they leave but admitting again, it's been really hit and miss lately. So, when I heard God speak to get up and pray for my kids, he also whispered, "get up at 5 a.m." My first thought was seriously?? Are you sure God? I can pray for them after they leave for school right? He said NO! Like a scolded child, I set my clock for 5 a.m. Monday morning. And just let me say, oh what a blessed week this has been! Every morning God has shown me a verse to claim for the boys each day. I've shared this with them before they leave and they have been so encouraged heading off to school. I actually look forward to this time and hope to continue it permanently. (Yes JJ you were right; what starts off as "duty" can actually turn into "desire") :=)

Both of my boys and Jeff too, would definitely agree that I'm not a perfect parent. I fail everyday. But I can be a praying parent. I mean, if I don't pray for my children who will? (side note - their dad does every night). I actually went in their rooms this morning and laid my hands on their legs and prayed a hedge of protection over them, God's promises for them and for them to grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and with man just as Mark shared he did in this devotion.

Please know that I don't share this bragging in anyway. I just wanted to share because I think it's encouraging to hear from others how God's working in our lives. God has intrusted our kids to us. For us to nurture and help them grow in Christ. This is a gift but also a huge responsibility that we can't do on our own. We need him everyday and they do too!

Be blessed!

2 comments: