Chapter 1:
Imperfect changes are slow steps of progress wrapped
in grace...imperfect progress. Praise God that is all He's asking for..."imperfect" progress towards His ways, He's not wanting perfection!
Chapter 2:
I must change my thought patterns. I can't control the
things that happen to me each day, but I can control how I think about
them. New thoughts come from new perspectives!
Chapter 3:
God allows the unglued moments to make me aware of the
chiseling that needs to be done. Be open and aware of what He reveals and allow Him to make the changes in you!
Chapter 4:
Emotions are active and they travel. Condemnation defeats us. Conviction unlocks the greatest potential.
Soul integrity is honesty that is godly. Godly honesty is honesty
reigned in by the Holy Spirit. There are 4 categories of unglued:
- Exploder who shames herself.
- Exploder who blames others.
- Stuffers who build barriers.
- Stuffers who collect retaliation rocks.
Chapter 5:
Satan loves it when we do his work for
him. My job is to be
obedient to God not to "fix somebody." Feelings are indicators
NOT dictators. Don't let others control my emotions. Holy restraint
is the seed of fruit of self control.
Chapter 6:
Stuffers need to build boundaries instead of barriers.
Am I trying to prove or improve?
Chapter 7:
I need a Biblical Procedure Manual (predetermined plan) to
stay calm.
- Remember who I am.
- Redirect my focus to Jesus.
- Recognize God's job isn't my job.
- Recite thanks and praises to God.
- Realize reactions determine reach.
Chapter 8:
The more I keep things in perspective the gentler I become.
I am capable of gentleness because I have the Holy Spirit in me. LET YOUR GENTLENESS BE EVIDENT TO ALL!
Chapter 9:
Do I have a jealous spirit or a giving spirit?
Chapter 10:
Questions I can use to hold my runaway thoughts and assumptions in check:
- Did someone actually say this or am I making assumptions about what they're thinking?
- Am I actively immersing myself in truth?
- Are there situations or relationships that feed my insecurities?
Chapter 11:
Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of
stress. When the rhythm of my soul is survival instead of revival I will
come unglued. The observer remembers to rest. The preserver rests
to remember. 3 Sabbath questions:
- Where am I going on my own way right now?
- What one area of my life is more self-pleasing than God pleasing?
- What idle words need to be reined in from running rampant in my mind or spilling from my lips?
Chapter 12:
Coming unglued is glorious if the end result of that
brokenness leads me to holiness. Outward expressions are internal indicators. (Her mouth speaks from that which fills her heart. Luke 6:45) I have to consider my underbelly and others' underbellies.
Join
me as I continue to strive toward imperfect progress. Let's work together and hold each other accountable... in the end, we all want the same thing!
*I'D LOVE TO READ YOUR TAKE A-WAYS!* (HINT HINT)
I have loved the study! Thank you so much JJ for leading it. I think one of my biggest take-aways is the "procedure manual." I am writing it down and keeping it in my purse always. It is so easy for forget EVERYTHING and how for we have come in the heat of the moment. It will be very useful to pull out my manual during those stressful situations at home, work, and life...I have an idea that the devil is going to be throwing some tests our way. So, I pray we will each be able to hold on to what we have learned and for people to see Jesus in us! KimC
ReplyDelete