Monday, May 19, 2014

Soul Control - Week Four Assignment



Post borrowed from Prov 31: 

We are half way through our current OBS…how can that be?  As we move through Let. It. Go. it is my hope and prayer that with the principles that Karen Ehman is teaching us, we would commit to pray. Pray how God wants to use them in our lives.


Over the past 3 weeks, I’ve noticed many of you are realizing you need to make changes in your lives. Change is never easy. It requires intention, effort, and commitment. For me, when I’m doing a Bible study, God will reveal to me how He wants me to respond. The next move is up to me. Will I be obedient?  Or will I just skim over the changes I know I need to make and hope I’ll start doing better?  Honestly, I’ve done both.

Let it Go pin, chapter 6

I have decided, I’m not settling during this study. I’m not going to skim over the changes that God is pointing out that I need to make. I want greater for my life. I want God’s best for my life. I can’t get God’s best alone. But I believe God can do His best work through me when I listen to Him and follow through.
Are you with me on this?  Are you willing to do what it takes to Let. It. Go. and walk in faith?
Moms and married ladies, domestic divas, you had your fun in the past few chapters. The chapters throughout the rest of the book are for ALL of us! Let’s jump on board and decide to finish the last half of this study strong!
 
This week’s chapters have especially spoken to me and got my attention. These are the chapters where I heard God say, “Melissa…I’m talking to you.” To which I replied, “Lord, I’m listening.”

This weeks assignment is to read chapters 7, 8 & 9.

Study and Reflect:

1. What most often frustrates you about your current schedule? Is there not enough down time due to a packed agenda? Perhaps it is having multiple family members going in different directions as you try to sync their travel. Or, maybe you have lots of time on your hands but are a poor manager of it. Write your greatest challenge in your journal.

2. Read Prov 16:9. What part does being in control play in managing your time? After all, we can't simply sit idly by and expect tasks to perform themselves, right? Describe what you feel is a fair balance of control and acceptance when it comes to attempting to manage time, knowing that we may face crises, delays and interruptions.

3. In chapter 8 we encounter the old testament character Queen Esther, an excellent example of a strong woman who knew how to control what she could, trust God with what she couldn't and, most importantly, decide which was which. Of the statements below suggesting lessons we can learn from her, which one most resonates with you and why? 
Remember God is God and you are not
Pray, and if you must, fast
Solicit spiritual help
Do what you can
Don't do what you can't
Decide where to glance and where to gaze
Know when to move and when to stay put

4. Have you ever had the "God card" (pg 175) pulled out on you?  If so, how did you handle it?

5. Read the following verses and after each record what you learn about controlling your soul when you can't control your circumstances. Psalm 103:1-2, Psalm 116:7-8, Psalm 130:5 and Psalm 143:8

*Remember this from Unglued? If we want to guard our hearts and minds, we have to immerse ourselves in truth. We do that by opening  God's word and letting it open us. That's how we are made new in attitude of our minds.*


No comments:

Post a Comment