Sunday, March 23, 2014

Discussion

“Never pay back evil with more evil.  Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable.  Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.” 

(Romans 12:17-18)

Discussion (I want to hear from you so please post your comments below.)

Remember, feelings are indicators, not dictators. 
In order to encourage others, share your answer to this:

When I feel ________________________, I will choose ______________________________.

Remember we don’t have to be perfect, just progressing. 

4 comments:

  1. When I feel my frustration rising, I will choose not to "stuff my emotions" but address the issue in a respectful and God honoring way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I feel my insides are about to implode, I will choose to recite/remind myself that "...the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20) in hopes of reminding myself to control what comes out of my mouth and enters my thoughts. -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I feel "like I'm coming unglued on my kids" I will choose "to stop, breathe and think about things in perspective". That has stopped me from getting loud on several occasions...even with Jeff. I have actually said "perspective" and let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I feel like I am stuffing resentment rocks to whirl at my husband, I choose to stop saying "nothing" and try to talk out my feelings with him.

    ReplyDelete