It's time to get Honest Open and Transparent.....
Review the interaction between Eve and the
serpent. Can you think of a situation in your own life where Satan used
similar tactics? YES, YES, YES! Pretty much all of 2013 satan used similar tactics. Satan hissed, causing me to doubt and second-guess God's plan one too many times last year. Most of you know what I'm referring to and you can relax, I'm not going into it all again. LOL. But for those of you who don't, if any of my tactics sound all to familiar and you want me to get real "HOT" just drop me an email.
Step one: Here are some of the things satan hissed...
*You're not a good wife/mom. Didn't God say that you should stay home and be a devoted wife and mom? Look at you, you work. No wonder you can't give your "all" to your husband or girls.
*Did God really choose Bill for you? Is he really the one you should have married? Wouldn't your marriage be better if you married God's chosen one? Did He really say He has one specific person for you?
*Are you really where God wants you to be work wise? You are suppose to be a stay at home mom so why are you working?
*You can read that book or watch that movie. Other "Christians" are, so why not you?
*Are you really happy with your life? Didn't God promise you JOY? Where's your joy?
Step two: I didn't stay true to God's guidelines....
*I didn't stay true because I wasn't reminding myself daily of those guidelines. I wasn't developing that relationship with Him nor was I in the word. Therefor, I developed the fatalistic attitude of "whatever"... there certainly are "worse" Christians out there than me.
Step three: Satan twisted reality....
*You deserve better
*If you had the "better", you would be full of JOY
Step four: I convinced myself.....
*Just like Eve, I ignored the "truth", I launched out and began crafting my own reality because I knew better than God and deserved more. VERY, VERY dangerous!
These are just a FEW of the many "hisses" I heard last year that started by falling out of the word, out of my relationship with Him and comparing myself and my life to everyone else. Ohhhhh, that's dangerous! But satan knew he had me right where he wanted me. The amazing thing is God wanted me more... He fought hard til I returned to Him! Praise God for His everlasting LOVE, His mercy and grace!
Great testitestimony! When Satan sets his plan in motion-God is always there. There is always good that comes out of pain. Paul, in the Bible, is a great example of that. Satan thinks he has won, but God is ALWAYS in the shadows (if we put him there) turning that sin into something good in the end. I put God in the shadows when i get wrapped up in myself. Thats when God is a great teacher- teaching us by letting us experience it/hands-on not just reading about it. Let God in the little stuff. Put your "Jesus glasses" on and Let-it-Go. See God working in All circumstances. It is definitely hard at times!!! -but He holds the hand of the righteous.
ReplyDelete