I woke up this morning and prayed for God to give me a word that I really NEEDED today. After 45 minutes of reading I began to think my request had fallen on deaf ears and then BAM, in my face II Cor 4:16-18! I'm human, I'm not perfect and the past two weeks have proven that to me. I've been full of worry, stress, doubt, comparisons, frustration, why me attitudes etc. all of which have drained me mentally. I was focused on my "troubles", I had pitched a tent and camped out there. That's why The Lord had me reading the above scripture, to remind me to shift my focus to Him and change my perspective to an eternal perspective. My troubles in the "seen" world look scary with my eyes, but I need to see my troubles for what they are... momentary and used to drive me to Him!! It's time to shift my focus, change my perspective, let it go and PRESS ON! Thank you Jesus for the reminder!!
I had wondered why the title of the book had a period after each word. Well, It hit me the other day why the title is Let. It. Go. A period means to pause, to stop, Selah. We have to let....it.....go. Not a quick Let It Go. But a stop and pause focus on what is before us. Is it something that the Lord wants me to see or is it something the World has planned for me. I love the statement she made in an earlier chapter - which is so true in my- If my life was perfect, if my marrriage was perfect I would not need God -i would not turn to or worship God. Having an imperfect life - I am actually thankful for "it keeps me on my knees." Do I feel that way all the time NO. But, I'm trying. I've also learned in the last several weeks to think and pray differently. To change my focus on "fixing" things. To just pray for Joy and peace and the Lords will to be done. Thank you JJ- for listening to the Holy Spirit and directly me in this book and into a new place in my soul. A more humble, pleasing place so I can focus on the Lord in my heart.
ReplyDelete