Friday, April 4, 2014

Empty Woman

The big "C" word!!! Have I sown seeds of comparison? OMG YES, yes I have. Have you?

I’ve been thinking about this all week since I read the chapter, and I cannot help but think that all women struggle with comparing ourselves to other women or comparing our lives to their lives. In doing so we create unfulfilled expectations of ourselves and others.
  • She’s the woman who has a THICK full of luscious locks .
  • She’s the woman who has a garden and uses fresh veggies at every meal.
  • She’s the one with such a pretty smile.
  • She’s never struggled a day in her life.
  • She’s the one who's marriage looks PERFECT.
You know the list! You’ve had one before, perhaps subconsciously, but it’s been there right? It takes me back to one of my favorite quotes from Made to Crave: "HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO HOLD UP THE INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR IMPERFECTIONS AGAINST THE OUTSIDE PACKAGING OF OTHERS." I want to look at the women next to me through the eyes of Christ, acknowledge Him for what He’s given her, praise Him for it, instead of crave who she is for myself and hope to steal it. I want to truly love her with the love of Christ instead of secretly loathing. I want to be thankful for what God has given me and where He has me. This is the life He has for me and I'm very blessed. 
I don't want to be empty with foolishness and jealousy, but full of life and joy that spills over and over and over. I want to sow seeds of grace, of joy, of beauty, and most of all, of His unfailing love.
Start reading chapter 10 and I will post review questions tomorrow! Happy Friday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment