Which of the following animals best characterizes how you tend to respond when you are in an unglued situation? Share the reasons for your response in the comment section.
Wounded bear - I am hurt and unpredictable, so watch out!
Agitated skunk - I may or may not create a stink, but the threat is always there.
Deceptive peacock - Who me? I'm not upset. Look at all my pretty feathers.
Crouching Tiger - I may not attack now, but will strike back when you least expect it.
Screech Owl - prepared for a tirade.
Barricading beaver - no time to say what I'm really feeling. I'm too busy building a wall between us.
Other - ?
I am probably an agitated skunk. I may or may not say or do anything at the moment but I am always thinking about what I am gonna say or do. Sometimes I do just fire off in the beginning.
ReplyDeleteWell I'm trying to decide which one so I will say "all of the above". I can see myself having all of those reasons depending on the situation. With my family I seem to act quickly but with others I seem to hold back...get quiet. Neither is anything to brag about but I'm a work in progress! Praise the Lord!!
ReplyDeleteMost often I think I am a beaver, but from time to time I can be a tiger or a screech owl. The owl only comes out with family. I can't think of any time in my life that I have ever lost my temper with anyone outside of my immediate family and lit into them. I tend to stuff and build walls. I think this comes from insecurity and worrying about what other people think. Not that it would be a good thing to lose my temper, but I do know God wants me to stand up for Him and His word and my "stuffing" keeps that from happening.
ReplyDeleteI am typically a barricade beaver. I build many many walls around me. I tend to stuff stuff stuff way to much. As you can imagine, this tends to weigh heavy on a person then all at once you realize I can turn to the screeching owl! Doesn't happen often because of course I spend so much time stuffing who has time for screeching but when I do....oh my then I live with regret, shame, sadness, etc. I'm not sure if you ladies are watching the video or doing only the book study but I did the video study about a year ago and on the video Lysa stated that the goal of this study isn't to be perfect; the goal is to make imperfect progress - slow steps of change wrapped in grace. I love this! It reminds me that I have to stop trying to control every situation and that any give situation cannot be the controlling thought of my day! Be blessed! Heidi
ReplyDeleteI asked Josh what he would call me and he said deceptive peacock. LOL! No he didn't! I guess it was all the years of me saying I was "fine" and then him finding out days later I really wasn't:) I have gotten much better at expressing myself but it is still hard for me to accept that my feelings are ok sometimes. I am looking forward to learning how to deal better with my emotions and realizing that it is ok to be a Jesus girl and still get upset sometimes. KimC
ReplyDeleteLOL... If I ask Bill what I am, I might come UNGLUED!!! ;)
DeleteYeah, I am NOT going to ask Jim what he thinks I am. I might not like the answer and then I will become the screech owl! ;)
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that I am all of the above majoring in barricade beaver and agitated skunk - I have so much work in becoming better at dealing with my emotions so this is going to be a great journey for me!!
ReplyDelete