Woohoo!!!
The day has arrived!! I’m so excited to crack open this book with you 25
(yes, you read that correctly twenty.five!) wonderful ladies! I
know that I, for one, need to learn how to make wise choices in the midst of
my raw emotions. Mostly I just live in the midst of my raw emotions, and it’s
not very pretty at all.
Each
week, I will send an assignment email on the chapter and invite you to answer
questions and participate in a discussion by replying all to email OR
attending our weekly meetings (which are NOT mandatory for you to take part
in study). I can’t wait to hear what you have to say! So break out your
books, your highlighters, and your typing fingers (for comments, of course!),
and here we go!!
|
Starting today…. Pray like you
mean it.
·
For
yourself - that God would speak to you personally through this study and that
you will listen and be open to His will for your life. Pray that you will stay
committed throughout this study to read, keep up with your assignments, and get
the most out of this time that you possibly can.
- For your Bible Study Group - that each of us would gain more hope and closeness to God through this study. Pray for each other’s homes, jobs, and families.
Get
prepared for the study. Go ahead and have your book and any other supplies you
might need (Bible, journal, pen, highlighters) set out or in a bag together
where you can find it easily.
Memory Verse for Chapter 1: “Therefore,
since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off
everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run
with perseverance the race marked out for us,” Hebbrews 12: 1 NIV
Memory Verse for Chapter 2: “We demolish
arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of
God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” II Corinthians 10:5 NIV
Don’t
forget to try the “verse mapping”.
For those that are new to online bible studies here is the link explaining how
to verse map (I LOVE doing it) http://heatherbleier.com/?s=verse+mapping
~ Read Chapter 1 & 2 (I’ll
send questions tomorrow). Use a highlighter to highlight
parts you want to remember or come back and read later. Make notes in your
journal of key Scripture (like the Memory Verses) and important things to
remember and come Tuesday
the 11th to the meeting 6:00 @ Fallins (RSVP to me)
IF you can and be ready to share your thoughts! (again meetings are not
mandatory but GREAT bonding time) Also, if you haven’t already please sign up
for the reminder text by clicking on this link http://www.remind101.com/join/ungl
No comments:
Post a Comment