I’m Not a Freak-out (now I have that song stuck in my head) Woman!!!
Yeah, right! Who isn’t a freak out woman from time to time? Given the
right circumstance or better yet, the not-so-right circumstances, I will have a
melt-down and spew ugly everywhere, without even pausing to save face.
Lysa shares a story about her computer crashing and her melt-down. She let the
circumstance get the best of her emotions. However, God ended up using that for
her good in another related bad circumstance later on. The fact that her
computer had crashed ended up being a blessing in disguise, which ended up changing
her perspective on the matter. I’ve found that your perspective changes
everything. Lysa even says that it “is a key to not coming unglued.”
Perspective doesn’t just help me see the
current circumstance I’m facing from a new vantage point – it also helps me
process future things I face in a calmer, more grounded way.
It helps me develop a new way of thinking.
And this isn’t just some theory I’ve observed in my life. It’s actually the way
God wired us.
“I can face things that are out of my
control and not act out of control.”
Reminder: Fallins Tuesday the 11th at 6:00 RSVP
I like the part in chapter 2 where she ties loosening our grip on control with trusting God. Yes, this is obvious and makes sense but it is hard for me to practice. I like, reaaally like control. Control over my household, finances, husband, kids, our daily routines... Doesn't take much to tip the apple cart when you are so controlling! And I do not want to be this way!! As Lysa says, loosening our grip on control is a matter of trusting God and really believing that God is out to do me good. I can rest knowing that God is in control. Ahhh, what sweet relief! KimC
ReplyDeleteMe too Kim! I love on pg 24 where Lysa says, "as long as I believe REALLY BELIEVE God is there and that He is out to do me good, I can stop freaking out trying to fix everything ON MY OWN. I can rest in the fact that God's in control." The stress and pressure has been lifted! Ahhhhhh.... What a relief it is!
DeleteIn Chapter 2 when I she talks about loosening the grip I have on different situations really hit home. I just this year turn all our finances over to my husband. I had gotten us in a bind and I didn't want to upset my husband but it was killing me inside so I just bit the bullet and admitted I couldn't keep holding on tight. it has sure been a weight lifted off me and I just wish I would have done it sooner. It also hits home with my son starting to drive. I have just had to loosen the grip and trust that God directs him all the way. There is such peace in trusting God and not carrying things we don't have to.
ReplyDeleteMelanie, so proud for you and your releasing the grip (control). Look for those blessings to come all because you were obedient to Christ! Will be praying for you as you trust Him to carry you through this! Thanks for sharing!
DeleteTuesday night at Fallin's has become my favorite night of the week! I have loved getting to know each other in a H.O.T. (Honest, Open & Transparent) way. I encourage everyone who can to attend - it will be a blessing!
ReplyDeleteME TOO Shirley! I look forward to our meetings once a week!
Delete