I would like it to be normal that......
Monday, March 10, 2014
Goals
A goal is what you hope to accomplish stated in a way that is achievable and measurable. In connection with raw reactions, one way to think about a goal is to consider what you would like your new "normal" to be. For example, I would like it to be normal that.... I choose not to raise my voice when I'm upset. If you feel uncertain or resistant about writing down a goal, this is your chance to extend yourself some grace! What you write down isn't written in cement; it's simply a way to get started and you will have a chance to come back and adjust your goal later. So, with a healthy helping of grace, imagine what you might like your new normal to be. Then use the sentence starter below to describe your goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm setting my goal.... I would like it to be normal that I pause and pray before responding.
ReplyDeleteI'd like my "new normal" to be that I learn to express my feelings in a way that isn't overly emotional and confrontational instead of "stuffing them and building walls."
ReplyDeleteI'd like my normal to be proactive instead of reactive - meaning when I see certain situations coming - before they happen, taking the time to diffuse them - instead of letting the unglue happen.
ReplyDelete